Forest Condominium
Login | Register
 
Welcome
Home
About Us
Contact Us
Management Company
 
Residents
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Financial Information
Community Documents
Newsletters
E-Forms
Directory
Photos
Community Room
Maintenance
Classifieds
 
Forest Condominium Forest Condominium
News
 

WINTER FIRE AND LIFE SAFETY TIPS
Posted on Jan 18th, 2019

 
With winter arriving, there is an increase in potential fires and other emergencies in the home. Please help us help you reduce the potential for these emergencies by following a few simple steps.
 
Keep combustible items at least three feet away from heating equipment, including your furnace, hot water heater and portable heaters. This will greatly reduce the chance of fire in your home.
 
Never use an extension cord for a portable heater and only plug one heater into a wall
outlet.
 
Make sure your smoke detectors are working.  Having working smoke detectors in your home reduces your chance of dying in a home fire. More than a third of all home fire deaths occur in homes without working smoke detectors. 
 
Carbon Monoxide Alarms. Make sure your home has a working Carbon Monoxide Alarm near your sleeping areas. This odorless, colorless gas can kill you. Symptoms are often described as "flu-like" and commonly include headache, dizziness, weakness, vomiting, chest pain and confusion.
 
If you think you may have Carbon Monoxide in your home and are experiencing these symptoms, call 911 immediately.  The Swissvale Fire Department has metering equipment to check for Carbon Monoxide in your home.
Comments
No Comments